Sunday, December 6, 2015

2015 year in review survey



So I stumbled upon this fun little end of the year survey created by Perpetual Page Turner. Click to link to check out the other participants or if you want to do the survey yourself. 2015 has been an interesting year for me and it's nice to look back and what I've done and how to improve in the next year. Links are either to my own reviews or to their Goodreads summaries. 

2015 Reading Stats


Number Of Books You Read: 55 so far
Number of Re-Reads: About 10. I tend to re-read when I can't decide on something new, or if I'm sticking to a budget.
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy

Best in books


1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

Ferran's Map by T.L. Shreffler

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Sin Eater's Daughter. I actually DNF'ed it. I seem to be one of the few people who didn't like it, but there are no words to describe my level of disappointment in this book.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?

Poison by Lan Chan. I thought I knew where this book was going, but I was just so wrong. *applause*

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I'm pretty sure no one listens to me. But if anyone did listen to any of my recommendations, thank you!

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Steel & Stone by Annette Marie

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

Elise Kova (Air Awakens)

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Touch by Melissa Haag. I don't usually do Paranormal Romance.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Poison by Lan Chan

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace. I'm eagerly awaiting book two.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Storm Siren by Mary Weber

11. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Nothing really knocked me off my feet this year.

12. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Masque of Red Death by Bethany Griffin. It was on my TBR list forever but I always passed on it for some reason. Definitely should have read it sooner.

13. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

"I will learn the truth. Even if I have to destroy him to get it." - The Wrath & The Dawn

14.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Shortest: Drip Drop Teardrop by Samantha Young
Longest: The Queen of the Tearling by Erica Johansen

15. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Sora and Crash of the Cat's Eye series will always have a place in my heart.

16. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker

17. Best 2015 debut you read?

From the Ashes by Shelby K. Morrison

18. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Harbinger by Peta Crake

19. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
The Beastly Tales series by M.J. Haag. It was heartbreaking, but in a good way.

20. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Forbidden by Selene Charles

21. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
The Last Necromancer by C.J. Archer. The author managed to weave fantasy, sci fi and the tale of Frankenstein all into one novel.

22. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

Fire Falling by Elise Kova. I'm mad I have to wait until 2016 to find out what happens. That cliffhanger!! Why, Elise? WHYYY?

Your blogging/bookish life


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Olivia's Catastophe

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

Ferran's Map by T.L. Shreffler

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

10 tips for asking a blogger to review your book

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? Memorial Day Read-A-Thon. It was the first Read-A-Thon I've ever done, and even thought I failed miserably, it was a lot of fun.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015? Winning 12 books from the Spring Fling YA giveaway. That's right... TWELVE

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? I am an over-commiter. I work full time, part time, just launched a freelance editing business, play in three sports leagues, have a new puppy and somehow I think I can still manage to post to the blog on daily basis.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? 10 tips for asking a blogger to review your book

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My birthday post!

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? I discovered the amazing public library system my cities have. I say cities because it's a group of four cities divided by the Mississippi river, two are on the Iowa side and two in Illinois. A single library card gains you access to about 10 different public libraries, regardless of which city you live in.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? I failed miserable at everything I signed up for. #2016goals

Looking ahead


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Burning Glass by Katheryn Purdie

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

The Skylighter by Becky Wallace

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016? My biggest goal during 2016 is to be consistency with posting and to be realistic with how many books I can read and review.

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: I've only read two books set to be published in 2016. I wouldn't recommend either.

No comments:

Post a Comment