Sunday, March 22, 2015

Fantasy Favorites Read-A-Thon: The Intro



What it's about


The Fantasy Favourites Read-A-Thon is hosted by Olivia's Catastrophe and Bookshelf Reflections. The goal set read as much fantasy as you can and have a little fun while you do it. Its a week long event that starts tomorrow. So make sure to check back for the daily updates. 

1. Introduce yourself! The name's Ashley. I work full-time as an editor and designer for a newspaper. In my spare time I like to read and then write about it. I also design printable bookmarks whenever the mood strikes me. You can check those out at my Etsy shop. I also play league volleyball and softball. I love coffee, tea and my two 4-year-old cats, Artemis and Athena. 

2. Why did you choose to join the read-a-thon? I'm a fantasy fanatic, so when I saw the sign-ups I got so very excited. I have a lot of trouble finding other people who read fantasy and so I'm hoping to find some other great new blogs to follow.

3. What books do you intend to read? What’s your reading goal and how many pages do you actually think you can manage? I've had Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Green Rider on my TBR list for a very long time. Combined they are 889 pages. I think I will finish both and actually need a third book to read. If I do, it will be a mystery title. But rest assured, it will be a fantasy. 

4. What is your current favourite fantasy read? I've been really obsessed with The Steel & Stone series by indie author Annette Marie. Her third book in the series is coming out during this fantasy read-a-thon, on March 27.

5. What is your least favourite fantasy read of all time? I don't know about all time, but recently I was very disappointed with The Sin Eater's Daughter. I feel like I'm one of the very few who didn't like it, but in my opinion, nothing happened. There was just a lot of sitting and talking and sitting and talking.

6. Which fantasy book are you dying to read? A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Her Throne of Glass series was so amazing, I just can't wait to see what she's done with this new one.

7. What fantasy book would you like to star in? Hmmmm... this one is hard to answer. There are so many good books out there. 

8. Suggest three books for other read-a-thon participants that you think are worth powering through during the read-a-thon. The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn, The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace and The Shadows by Megan Chance. All top my list of recent fantasies.

9. If you could choose any fantasy book character to be chained to you during the read-a-thon, whom would you pick and why? I have to pick Crash from the Cat's Eye Series. He's freaking as badass as they come, morally ambiguous but with a heart buried deep down there. 

10. Tag at least one friend and pester them into participating in this link up! Sadly, I have no friends to tag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment