Wednesday, October 17, 2012

[Review] Enshadowed (Nevermore #2)


Author: Kelly Creagh

Publish Date: Aug. 28, 2012 by Atheneum, 429 pages

Get it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

Rating: 3.5/5


I read the first book in this series "Nevermore" shortly after it came out in 2010. After I put it down I can honestly say I was dying for the second book of the series. It was the first series in a long while that I didn't forget about a few months down the road only to remember it when I saw the next book in stores.

Here's what I loved about it: For one, it was a unique storyline about the mystery surrounding the death of Edgar Allen Poe. Sure, it had the typical good girl falls for bad boy theme but I thought this was well done and not over drawn. The best part is it was dark enough to make it unpredictable and keep me on the edge of my seat but it wasn't bat shit crazy dark (if you know what I mean).

Months before it's scheduled release date I had it mark as to-read-as-soon-as-I-can-get-my-hands-on-it. And that's exactly what I did. I'm pretty sure I went as far as to pre-order the ebook (and I never do that).

When it finally came out I was beyond excited to read it. Unfortunately, as I read each chapter I kept waiting for something to happen. I waited and waited and waited and then the book ended. As much as I love Creagh, her writing and her fresh ideas, I was severely disappointed with the second book in this series.

Varen, one of the main characters of the series is barely in "Enshadowed" until the last few chapters. While you find out some useful information the book is obviously a segway into the third. To be honest, when the next one is published you probably can skip the second one entirely and move on.

So even though I was a bit let down by "Enshadowed" I still have high hopes for the third book. Let's just hope it's not another filler to make more books (*coughcough*) and money.

Happy reading.

Don't forget to sign up on the right hand side of the page to get entered in to win a free copy of the book of your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment